The Do’s & Don’ts of Pitching to #WWR
Open to UK writers
- Do become familiar with the type of content we share—either the topics covered on our website or within our podcast.
- Do pitch inspirational or educational innovative stories that the mainstream media would consider “niche”. Please remember the topics we cover; careers, relationships, and health & wellness.
- Don’t send fully-written articles as pitches.
- Do include accompanying images if necessary, making sure they are high quality.
- Don’t worry if you do not have accompanying images. Stock photography is used and sometimes preferred as complimentary web design assets.
- Don’t pitch or submit ghost-written or previously published articles under any circumstances.
- Don’t pitch or submit with an expectation of the inclusion of follow-links.–Eg. We do not accept blatant ad placement within articles or articles.
- Do spell check. We do not accept pitches or submissions containing numerous grammatical or spelling mistakes.
- Don’t chase responses on social media. Please wait seven business days for a reply if you’ve sent an email.
- Don’t be disheartened if your pitch is unsuccessful. We have a high number of writers who would like to contribute. If you’re unsuccessful the first time, don’t take it personally. By all means, try again!
- Do ask about payment terms and share your rates. While we may be unable to match your expected fees, we appreciate transparency and respect for your worth. By sharing your expectations, we can work towards increasing rates over time.
Gain access to exclusive writing opportunities by signing up for our newsletter! You’ll be the first to know when new submission dates, topics, and additional information become available.
Beyond our content
At #WWR, we are passionate about creating community initiatives and events that empower, educate, and inspire our readers. We are open to partnering with brands, advertisers and sponsors in a way that preserves our relationship with our audience.
#WWR Digital Magazine is committed to creating a diverse community.
Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
We encourage those who identify as Women, whether assigned at birth or otherwise, and non-binary people to contribute, collaborate, and join our community. However, everyone is welcome.
WHO We’re Looking For
Are you a wordsmith with a passion for storytelling? Whether you are a journalist, editor, or content creator, we have an exciting opportunity for you to showcase your talents! We’re currently seeking talented individuals to join our team as volunteer contributors.
If you’re a journalist with a nose for news, an editor with an eye for detail, or a content creator with a knack for crafting engaging stories, we’d love to collaborate with you. By joining us, you’ll have the chance to gain valuable experience, strengthen your portfolio, and work on exciting projects that make a difference.
We’re committed to supporting and providing our contributors with the necessary resources to succeed. Whether you’re looking to build your skills, return to the workforce after a career break, or simply explore new opportunities, we have something for you.
So, if you’re ready to take your career to the next level, we encourage you to contact us today. Let’s work together to create compelling content that informs, entertains, and inspires our readers.
- First-person and anon stories by women, including trans women and those who identify as non-binary.
- Inspirational and uplifting stories.
- Educational and informative articles.
- Stories from regional communities across the UK
- Seasonal or trending features centred around careers, relationships, or health & wellness.
Podcast Guests – Applications for S3 are now closed
- Women, including trans women and those who identify as non-binary. (We include anon participation.)
- Inspirational, uplifting and motivational conversations.
- Educational and informative conversations.
- London studio-based or remote recorded participation.
- Remote worldwide participation.
- Seasonal or trending discussions centred around careers, relationships, or health & wellness.
For remote participation, you’ll need recording equipment. That includes your computer or laptop to join our online recording studio, headphones, and a recording mic.
*We thank you for your interest in joining us as a guest on our podcast; however, applications are currently closed.
Subscribe For Updates Etc…
Sign up to get the #WWR newsletter for notifications about new podcast episodes & guest opportunities.
Every month, you’ll receive submission dates & info and a recap of recent articles delivered straight to your inbox.
A WORD FROM OUR EDITOR →
#WWR picks featuring articles, personal stories, interviews, or podcast episodes.
We'll also include submission details, topics for the month ahead, podcast guest or creative opportunities.
We never share your data.